Connecting Patients, Doctors, and Communities to Take Pancreatic Cancer off the Sideline and to the Finish Line for a Cure!
The videos below show just a few of the many events and activities that help us create awareness and raise money to fund a cure for Pancreatic Cancer. So far, we have raised $300,000 to support this effort!
Charlie Parker talks about Greg Griffith’s legacy, Greg’s love of basketball, and how Greg’s vision lead to the creation of the #ICAN Sideline Cancer Youth Initiative.
Cathy Griffith shares additional information about the motivation behind Sideline Cancer®:
You can support pancreatic cancer research by making an online donation!
If you have a donation you would like to mail to us,
please make your check payable to
and mail it to:
The Griffith Family Foundation
P.O. Box 28
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation is recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania. Click on the GuideStar logo to learn more about our Platinum rating.
You can also become a sponsor!
If you would like to sponsor our Sideline Cancer® initiative or our Sideline Cancer TBT team, submit the form below and join the collaborative effort to take pancreatic cancer research off the sideline and to the finish line! You can also click on the TBT Team Sponsor flyer to learn what’s involved in sponsoring our TBT team.
Sponsorship Inquiry Form
If you’re currently a sponsor, hosting a live stream (or participating in a live stream), speaking to a group on our behalf, or would just like to give us a shout-out on social media, here are some things that you can say:
- Sideline Cancer connects patients, doctors, and communities
- Our goal is to raise awareness, to advocate, and to collect donations for pancreatic cancer research
- So far, we have donated over $300,000 for pancreatic cancer research
- Help us take pancreatic cancer research off the sideline and to the finish line for a cure!
- #ICAN and so can you!
- Text “#ICAN” to 44-321 to give
- Go to sidelinecancer.com to donate, to learn more, and to get involved!
Official Griffith Family Foundation Logo:
2021 SidelineCancerTBT Logo:
Sideline Cancer® started with a group of seniors at the Hollidaysburg High School in 2012.
It originally started out as Tackle Cancer, which surrounded a football game night and T-shirt sale campaign. However, at the Penn State Altoona Pancreatic Symposium in 2012, the Griffith Family Foundation was introduced to Jack Andraka, who is the 2012 Intel Science and Engineering Fair Winner, Amateur Cancer Researcher, Education Activist, Medical Entrepreneur, and an Innovator. He suggested a new name that would reflect all school activities and participation… And that started the conversation that eventually lead to the name “Sideline Cancer.”
Learn more about hosting a Sideline Cancer® event at your school, college, or university!
- To FUND a cure for pancreatic cancer
- To offer HOPE for those in need
- To CONNECT patients, doctors, and communities
- To raise AWARENESS of the necessity for a new direction of innovative research and treatment plans
- To continue the VISION inspired by Greg Griffith
- To rise and “put on our pants” each day and take up the battle
- To give back more in time, effort and funding that we take
- To see a day when our children and grandchildren no longer need to fear a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
- We CAN achieve what we BELIEVE!
More about Sideline Cancer®
- Download a copy of our Tax Exemption Number
- Download a copy of our Program Description and 501(c)(3) Form
- Download a copy of our W9 Form
- Download an Official Sideline Cancer® Brochure
- Download Cathy Griffith’s Business Card
- Download a copy of our Solicitation Letter
- See a list of our Board members
- See where and how our donation dollars are being spent
- See our GuideStar profile
- Sideline Cancer PPT Presentation (41MB)
- Sideline Cancer Presentation PDF (7MB)