The Sideline Cancer basketball team has earned a bid to play in the 2nd “The Basketball Tournament”. The 97 team tournament is single elimination and the winning team will win a $1,000,000 prize.
The regional rounds of the event take place in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia, PA July 10-12th and July 17-19th. Each regional will send four teams to the Sweet 16 which will take place July 23-25th in Chicago, IL. The semifinals and finals will be broadcast on ESPN, and they will take place on August 1st and 2nd in New York, NY.
The Sideline Cancer entry is playing in honor of The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation, a Hollidaysburg, PA-based foundation leading the way for pancreatic cancer research. If the team wins a portion of the prize winnings will be awarded to the GFF. The team earned an automatic bid to the tournament by having fans vote in support of its team from April 1st to June 1st. The eleven member team is up of professional basketball players who are coming together to play for a cause!
TBT Team Roster 2015
Playing in honor of The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation
- # Name, College, Position, Height, Notable
- #1 Andy Robinson, Buffalo Guard,6’2” 1000 point scorer at UB
- #2 Akida McLain, Indiana (PA) Forward,6’8” All PSAC at IUP, lead team to D2 national title game
- #3 Charlie Parker, Millersville Guard,6’3” All American at MU and played in NBDL
- #7 Jarryd Cole, Iowa Forward,6’8” Former Hawkeye played in France this season
- #12 Duane Johnson, East Stroudsburg Forward, 6’7” Lead ESU to 3 NCAA tournament appearances
- #15 Darryl Webb, Indiana (PA) Forward, 6’5” Former D2 National Player of the Year (2011)
- #20 Russ Conley, PS Behrend Forward, 6’8” Former D3 Standout played in NBDL this year
- #21 Tre Bowman, Iona Guard,6’5” Scored 13.9 PPG as a senior for Gales (2013-2014)
- #22 John Boyer, Buffalo Guard, 6’1” Lead NCAA D1 in Ast/TO Ratio in 2009-2010
- #24 Dylon Cormier, Loyola (MD) Guard, 6’2” Three time all conference choice for Greyhounds
- #32 Demond Vance, Millersville Guard, 6’4” Has lead Harrisburg Horizon to two EBA titles (14,15)
- Coach Andrew Garcia
- General Manager Billy Clapper
- Learn more about the TBT
- Learn more about the Sideline Cancer Basketball Team
- Learn more about Sideline Cancer
- Learn more about The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation
Billy Clapper 814-251-3383