The Bio of Cathy Griffith – President of The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation Sideline Pancreatic Cancer Youth Initiative
I graduated from Hollidaysburg Area High School and attended Allegheny College of Maryland and received an Associate Arts degree in Dental Hygiene and worked as a Dental Hygienist in the Blair County Area for 32 years! In 2010 my Beloved Husband Greg Griffith was diagnosed with stage IV Pancreatic Cancer at the age of 48…
Our Friends, Family and Community established The Greg and Cathy Griffith Family Foundation as a gift to us during Greg’s heroic 19 month battle with Pancreatic Cancer. After Greg passed our foundation invited the 2012 Intel Science and Engineer Fair Winner 9th grader Jack Andraka to Blair County, and he along with High School students created our “I CAN” Signature Campaign for Sideline Cancer.
Our Sideline Cancer Youth Initiative is the Only Youth inspired Pancreatic Cancer Initiative in the world that engages students to use their entrepreneurial and philanthropic spirit to raise awareness and funds to Sideline Pancreatic Cancer! From 2010 to date, our foundation has donated $290,000 to the research efforts of Dr. A. James Moser at BIDMC/Harvard Medical School.
I am proud to have the help of many non-paid student interns and volunteers! Info regarding our foundation can be found at www.sidelinecancer.com.
The most rewarding part of being President of The Griffith Family Foundation is working with students of All ages across the United States and globally and encouraging them to Believe Always that Together We Can Sideline Pancreatic Cancer!
- Penn State Entrepreneur in Residence Program February 2019
- 2018 Recipient of the Wise Women of Blair County In the category of NonProfit/Government
- 2018 PA Business Central 50 to Follow Women in Business
- 2018 PA Business Central Top 100 People for The Griffith Family Foundation’s “I Can Sideline Cancer Youth Initiative”
- A panelist for Blair County Chamber of Commerce 2018 Young Entrepreneurs Association (YEA) CEO Roundtable
- Recipient of the WJACTV Jefferson Award in 2016
Volunteer Work and Organizations:
- Non-Paid President/CEO of The Griffith Family Foundation
- Member of The World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition
- Vice Chair of The Digestive Disease National Coalition in Washington DC
- Pancreatic Cancer Advocate with the American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association of Cancer Researchers, and the Research Action Network
- Founding Member of The Blair County United Sisterhood Series
- Founding Member of The Alliance of Families Fighting Pancreatic Cancer
- Founding member of The Courage for Kiera Foundation
- Member of the Blair County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Bob Perks Cancer Assistance Fund
My Family is my Greatest Love, and I am the proud Mother of two amazing sons Jordan and Jamie Griffith! I am Blest to have the support and love of my extended family, friends, and community! One of my favorite hobbies is connecting people with similar interests and passions to one another and seeing Everything as part of a bigger plan!
I truly enjoy the most spending time with my sons and family and friends, walking each day, and enjoying the simple things in life such as prayer and growing my relationship with God!
Philippians 4:13 – “I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”